It’s a rare sight to see, but a hit indie game is coming to physical retail stores near you. Stardew Valley Collector’s Edition is coming to physical retail as announced by 505 Games on Thursday. Chucklefish Games is partnering up with 505 Games to bring ConcernedApe’s hit indie farming sim to the physical retail market. The physical Collector’s Edition contains some bonuses such as a map of the town, the game’s amazing soundtrack, and a mini-guide.
Some Key Features of the Game:
- Turn an overgrown field into a lively farm! Raise animals, grow crops, start an orchard, craft useful machines, and more!
- Improve your skills over time. As you make your way from a struggling greenhorn to a master farmer, you’ll level up in 5 different areas: farming, mining, combat, fishing, and foraging.
- Become part of the local community. Over 30 unique characters living in Stardew Valley, each with their own daily schedule, birthday, unique mini-cutscenes, and new things to say throughout the week and year.
- Explore a vast, mysterious cave. Encounter new and dangerous monsters, powerful weapons, new environments, valuable gemstones and other treasures as you venture deeper udnerground!
- Breathe new life into the valley. Help restore Stardew Valley to it’s former glory by repairing the old community center, or take the alternate route and join forces with Joja Corporation.
- Court and marry a partner to share your life on the farm with. There are 10 available bachelors and bachelorettes to woo, each with unique character progression cutscenes!
The Harvest Moon inspired RPG originally released back in February of 2016 for PC and then released for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Mac, and Linux digitally by the end of the year. The farming sim received plenty of positive reviews from major outlets and has a score of 88 on Metacritic. Stardew Valley Collector’s Edition will cost $29.99 for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 and releases on April 11th in North America and in Europe on April 13th.