Pokemon fans have a lot to look forward to this year. A brand new game is scheduled to come out at some point this year, and Detective Pikachu, a live-action film putting Ryan Reynolds as a sassy talking Pikachu, is just on the horizon. And, as a celebration of that fact, Pokemon Go is celebrating with an in-game event!
The event will take place starting today, May 7, and will last through Friday, May 17th. As reported by VG247, the event will include:
- Detective Hat Pikachu Photobomb: Using Go Snapshot, you may get photobombed by a Pikachu wearing a detective hat. You will then be able to catch the Pokemon.
- More Encounters with Pokemon Seen in the Movie: Bulbasaur, Jigglypuff, Psyduck, Aipom, and Snubbull, are some of the Pokemon which will appear more frequently. You may also have the opportunity to catch Shiny Aipom.
- Special Raid Battles and Field Research: Raid Battles with Pokemon starring in the film, and movie-inspired Field Research will be live during the week.
- New Avatar Items: The event will feature the option to customize your in-game avatars with movie-themed items. This includes a detective hat with Pikachu ears and a T-shirt featuring the film’s logo.
- Bonus: Double XP for catching Pokemon.
With positive reviews already pouring in for Detective Pikachu, the Pokemon Go even can only add to the hype train. Have you caught any Pikachus dawning detective hats yet? Majorly looking forward to a wise-cracking Pikachu voiced by Ryan Reynolds? Let us know in the comments below!