Kinda Funny Games are back with the Kinda Funny Games E3 Showcase, this time featuring over 60 indie games. Here’s everything that was announced:
- Bloodroots is a stylized action RPG that you can pick up anything in the world and use as a weapon. The game is coming to Nintendo Switch, PS4, and Steam this Summer.
- Hamsterdam is a cute kung fu beat ‘em up featuring a cute hamster and is coming to Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, and PC this Summer.
- Speed Brawl is a game that blends Street Fighter with Sonic The Hedgehog. The faster you go, the more damage you’ll do. The game is playable solo or in co-op and will be available on PC, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One with a major update today.
- Wave Break is an aquatic Tony Hawk-style game where you can skate around on a waterboard, landing tricks and jamming out to the retro
synthwavemusic. The game is playable solo or with friends, and will be launching on PC in Early 2020, with consoles TBD.
- Super Space Club is an Asteroids-style arcade shooter coming to PC and Mac in 2019.
- An/Round is a Pong-inspired puzzle platformer playable on PC starting today.
- A Duel Hand Disaster:
Trackheris an Ikaruga-style vertical shoot ‘em up with lots of explosions and color. The game is available in early access on Steam, and coming to Nintendo Switch, PS4, and Xbox One soon.
- Looking For Heals is a game that focuses all the attention on the healer for once. Command your team in battle, and heal your fighters in combat. The game is available in early access now on Steam.
- One Night Stand is a relationship where you experience the morning after, making decisions along the way. The game is already available on PC and PS
Vita,and will be arriving this Summer on Nintendo Switch, PS4, and Xbox One.
- The Inner Friend is a game where you look to solve puzzles and explore the subconscious mind. The game is available now on
Steam,and is coming to PS4 and Xbox One this Summer.
- Aground is a game where you’ve survived a crash and rebuilt, only to face the ones that took you down in the first place. It will be coming to PC, Mac, Linux, Nintendo Switch, PS4, and Xbox One in Early 2020.
- Refractor is a clever, puzzle-style 2D/3D Metroidvania game coming to PC, Xbox One, PS4, and Nintendo Switch in Spring 2019.
- In Pig Eat Ball you eat things to grow bigger as you explore over 200 levels. The game chomps its way to Nintendo Switch, PS4, and Xbox One this Summer.
- Standby is a high-precision platformer that includes 54 unique levels. It will be coming to Nintendo Switch on August 1, 2019.
Demagneteis a Portal– esquepuzzler that is playable on all VR platforms and will be arriving this year.
- Falcon Age, the recent PSVR game, also got a PC announcement, including support for PC VR systems.
- The Walking Dead Onslaught is an upcoming VR game that will also be heading to PC, but the trailer was not shown because AMC doesn’t like to share, apparently.
- Battlewake is an upcoming pirate-themed game that features ship combat and giant Kraken-like monsters. It’s headed to PSVR this Summer.
- Rawmen is a Splatoon-style multiplayer combat game where you cover the ground with soup, instead of ink. The game is coming soon.
Afterpartywas shown off again, which is an upcoming adventure game where you are sent to Hell to party,and have to face off against the Devil himself to reclaim your soul. The game is coming to PS4, PC, and Xbox One in Q3 of 2019.
- Trigger Witch is a twin-stick shooter that embraces guns over magic in a mythical top-down open world. The game will be headed to Nintendo Switch and PS4 in 2020.
- Solace State is an upcoming hacker adventure game that will be coming to PC in 2020.
- Freedom Finger is a unique 2D bullet hell side-scrolling shooter that allows you to pick up your enemies and use them as weapons. There are over 36 music-driven levels featuring a handful of fantastic artists. Oh, and Nolan North is voicing a character in the game. The game will be heading to consoles and PC.
- Ribbiting Saga is a top-down Zelda-like game where the dungeons change based on your choices. The game is heading to PC and consoles in 2020.
- Wooden Nickel is a narrative adventure game set in the wild west. The game will be
releasingon console, PC, and mobile in the future. Etherbornis a perception-bending puzzle platformer that allows you to run up walls, as well as other impossible physics maneuvers. The game is heading to PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch on July 18, 2019.
- Skatebird is a Tony Hawk-style skateboarding game featuring cute little birds in miniature skate parks. When you bail on a trick, it instantly rewinds so you can try again! The game will be launching in 2020.
- The Gardens Between is an isometric puzzle adventure game where you control the flow of time. The game features beautiful artwork and appears to have co-op gameplay, as well. It will be coming soon to Nintendo Switch, with a limited-edition physical edition, as well.
- Renaine is a fast-paced action platformer with a retro aesthetic. It will be launching on Nintendo Switch, PC, Mac, and Linux this year.
- Starstruck is a music-based game where you play as a giant human hand. Yes, you heard that right. Platforms are TBA and the game will launch in 2020.
- Sneaky Ninja is described as Mario meets Mark of the Ninja where stealth and platforming come together. The game is coming to PC and Nintendo Switch this Summer.
- Undermine is a procedurally generated Zelda-like dungeon crawler for PC, Mac, and Linux and will enter early access in 2019.
- Monster Prom 2: Holiday Season is a 3-in-1 monster dating simulator coming to PC in 2020.
- Summer Catchers is a puzzle game that features a lot of side-scrolling escape mechanics as you are chased by a number of different dangers. The game will be coming out this Summer.
- The Sinking City got another trailer that showed the dark, Lovecraftian-style gameplay set in the 1920s. The game’s new release date is June 27,
2019and will be launching on the Epic Games Store, PS4, and Xbox One.
- In Fling to the Finish, you and a friend are bound together by a single string and must share a single controller as you make your way through an obstacle course featuring real physics. The game is available now on Kickstarter.
- Gunsport is a cyberpunk volleyball game with guns. Cool! Platforms are currently unannounced, but the game is slated to launch in mid-2020.
- Bombfest is a sumo wrestling style game where you try to knock other players out of the ring…with bombs. The game blasts onto PC and consoles now, with free DLC coming out later this month.
- Lonely Mountains: Downhill is an outdoor biking game where you ride, well, downhill. Race to the finish on Xbox One, PS4, PC, and Nintendo Switch this year.
- Starcrossed is an arcade shooter headed to Xbox One, PC, Mac, and Linux this year.
- Police Stories draws heavy inspiration from Hotline Miami, but in this game, shooting first is not an option. Instead, you’ll need to use your tactical equipment to your advantage. You can squad up with AI or a friend in this crime thriller story where each run is different. The game launches September 19th on Steam, Xbox One, PS4, and Nintendo Switch.
- Brave Earth Prologue is the next game from the creator of I Wanna Be The Guy. This Castlevania-like game features NES-era graphics and three playable characters, each with different weapons. The game will be coming soon to PC.
- Astalon: Tears of the Earth is a game where you are trying to reach the top of a tower and must embrace death. It will be available on PC, Mac, Linux, Nintendo Switch, PS4, and Xbox One in 2019.
- Treachery in Beatdown City combines traditional beat ‘em up gameplay with a turn-based RPG. It heads onto Nintendo Switch, PC, Mac, and Linux this Summer.
- Tamarin is a 3D platformer featuring a bunch of cute animals. Why not? It heads to PS4 and PC this Summer.
- Stoneshard features a procedurally generated medieval world where you explore various dungeons. The game will be in early access in 2019 and will come to Steam, Nintendo Switch, PS4, and Xbox One.
- Stronghold Warlords is a strategy game that looks like a Japanese-inspired Age of Empires. The game is available to wishlist now on
Steam,and arrives in 2020.
- In Lucifer Within Us, you’ll be controlling the timeline as you solve murders with multiple suspects. The game has an unannounced release date.
- #Funtime is an arcade-style shooter with lots of colorful explosions and particle effects. The game hits PC in 2019.
- Half Past Fate is a romantic comedy-style adventure featuring beautiful, high-quality pixel art. The game is heading to PC and consoles in 2019.
- Superliminal is a unique forced perspective puzzle game that you’ll need to have a keen eye to figure out. The game is coming soon.
- Undying is about a mother and child trying to survive against hordes of zombies in any way possible. The game will be available on PC and
console,and will be in early access in early 2020.
- Castle Storm II is a Civilization-like game that features tactical battles from a 2D side-scrolling perspective. The game launches this year on the Epic Games Store, Nintendo Switch, PS4, and Xbox One.
- Trials of Fire is a tactic-based card game played on a hexagonal chess-like board. The game is playable in early access now.
- Mare is a VR game where you control a young girl and a mechanical bird. It will be heading to Oculus platforms in Q3 of 2019.
- Deliver Us To The Moon is a 3D adventure exploration game set in space heading to PC, PS4, and Xbox One later this year.
- Recompile is a Metroidvania-
esque3D puzzler that will have your mind spinning. The game is headed to Steam in 2020.
- Foregone looks suspiciously like Dead Cells, but featuring more sword and gun combat. The game is inspired by Diablo and Dark Souls and is available to wishlist now on Steam.
- Relic Hunters Legend is a free-to-play looter shooter RPG available. The game is headed to PC first in Q1 of
2020,but will be followed by consoles and mobile afterward, including full cross-play capability.
- Warborn is a turn-based strategy game like Fire Emblem, but with mechs. Hell yeah. The game will be on PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch in 2020.
- Lost Ember looks very Journey-
esque, but you control a bunch of different animals ranging from birds to wolves, fish, foxes, and more! The game will be coming to PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
- The final game shown off was Adams Ascending, an incredibly ambitious 3D adventure game set in space. The game is set to launch on PC in 2020, with consoles to follow if the Kickstarter funding allows.
Here’s the full Kinda Funny Games E3 Showcase video: